Sharito Copley (born November 27, 1973) plays the part of H.M. "Howling Mad" Murdock in the 2010 big screen reboot of The A-Team TV series. Sharlto is a South African born producer, actor, and director who has produced and co-directed short films which have appeared at the Cannes Film Festival, as well as commercials and music videos.
Early life and acting careerEdit
Sharlto Copley was born in Pretoria, South Africa and educated at [[St. Andrew's Preparatory School in Grahamstown and Redhill School i Morningside, Johannesburg. Sharlto resides alternately in Cape Town and Los Angeles.
His father is Dr. Bruce Copley, a former university professor, currently a holistic educator/entertainer and multi-instrumentalist. His mother, Linda Stocks-Copley, is a Christian Science Healer living in Cape Town. His brother, Donovan, is the lead-singer of the successful Cape Town band Hotwater, whose music has been featured on BBC World and whose song 'Bushfire' was used in advertisements by the Italian shoe manufacturer Primigi.
He co-founded a media production company, visual effects company and talent agency with partner Simon Hansen. He is perhaps best known for playing the roles of Wikus van de Merwe in the Oscar-nominated science fiction film District 9 and H. M. Murdock in the 2010 remake of The A-Team.
- ↑ http://news.scotsman.com/topstories/Interview-ATeam-star-Sharlto-Copley.6437528.jp Interview with A-Team star Sharlto Copley, by Lisa Marks for The Scotsman, 26 July 2010, originally accessed 21 February 2011.]
- ↑ A-Team's Sharlto Copley soars, by Gayle Edmunds for the City Press, 20 August 2010, originally accessed 21 February 2011.
- ↑ "Bruce Copley – Holistic Learning Adds Value" SKF Sweden Evolution Business and Technology Magazine article, 7 June 2006
- ↑ Hotwater. Overtone.co.za (16 October 2008). Retrieved on 22 September 2013.
- ↑ Hotwater Official Site. Hotwater.co.za. Retrieved on 22 September 2013.
- ↑ Hotwater with Donovan Copley. blueworld.co.za
- Shartio Copley at the Internet Movie Database (IMDb)