Season 3 of the NBC-TV series The A-Team started airing in the autumn of 1984 and ran until early summer of 1985.
The A-Team continued to be based in Los Angeles. Colonel Decker was relieved in his pursuit by another. Tawnia Baker married and left.
- Hannibal launches the cannon at a pursuing jeep in Season 1's feature-length two-part pilot episode Mexican Slayride (note that Melinda Culea can still briefly seen behind Hannibal).
- The helicopter chase from the Season 2 episode The Battle of Bel Air.
- Hannibal was dressed as The Aquamaniac, has his face door opened, and face gives him a cigar, in the Season 2 episode Steel (Note: This version played backwards on the actual episode, Face removes the cigar, and closes the door).
- Hannibal disguised as a fisherman in Season 2's Pure-Dee Poison.
- Hannibal sends a bulldozer ball crashing down on the villains' car in Season 2's Steel.
- Face saying goodbye to Sister Teresa at the end of Season 2's The Only Church in Town.
- A cylon walking past cases Face to double take in Season 2's Steel (now with an accompanying sound effect).
- Face and a guest at Face's scam film opening in Season 2's feature-length two-part episode When You Comin' Back, Range Rider?.
- Face fires his gun, looks behind him, and smiles in Season 3's The Bells of Saint Mary's.
- A shot of Face, while trying to con mobster Crazy Tommy T from Season 2's Steel.
- A coffin rises from a hearse, and Murdock bursts out and fires his gun, in Season 2's Chopping Spree.
- Murdock reveals himself as the bride in Season 1's Till Death Do Us Part.
- Murdock emerges his disguise as a bush in Season 2's feature-length two-part episode When You Comin' Back, Range Rider?.
- B.A. makes his memorable entrance, as he bursts into the Mexican bar in Season 1's Mexican Slayride.
- B.A. crushes a car on a modified construction vehicle in Season 2's Steel.
- B.A. gives a wink at the end of Season 2's Chopping Spree.
- The classic B.A. shot, as he turns around to see what Hannibal is doing in Season 1's Mexican Slayride.
- The armored car bursts out of the back of a truck in Season 2's Bad Time on the Border.
- The helicopter (piloted by Murdock) chases the villain's car from Season 2's Recipe for Heavy Bread.
- A jeep flips over as Hannibal throws a grenade in Season 1's Mexican Slayride.
Season 3 (1984-1985)
|Title||Director||Written by||Original air date||Prod.|
|38||1||"Bullets and Bikinis"||Dennis Donnelly||Mark Jones||September 18, 1984||3.01|
|Flying to Miami to help two girls in theirbusiness, the A-Team must deal with two problems: B.A.'s fear of flying, and the gangsters that are trying to force the girls to hand over thehotel.|
|39||2||"The Bend in the River (Part I)"||Michael O'Herlihy||Stephen J. Cannell,||September 25, 1984||3.02|
|Tawnia Baker, the A-Team's support member for the last halfcalls in the help of her friends to find an archaeologist (secretly her fiancé) that has gone missing during an Amazon expedition. Traveling to the Amazon, the A-Team must deal with the local pirate king, "El Cajon" (The Coffin).|
|40||3||"The Bend in the River (Part II)"||Michael O'Herlihy||Stephen J. Cannell,
|September 25, 1984||3.03|
|Continuing from the last, the A-Team have to find a way to locate the pirates, bringing them into unknown territory. Locating the pirates, they come across a plot that is far greater than any of them could've expected. The A-Team must ally themselves with the shady El Cajon's forces to defeat the threat. This is the last appearance of Tawnia Baker, who weds her fiancé at the end of the episode.|
|41||4||"Fire"||Tony Mordente||Stephen Katz||October 2, 1984||3.04|
A female fire chief calls in the help of the A-Team to help defend her department from a competingdepartment. Meanwhile, Col. Decker is replaced by Col. Briggs, who opens his hunt on the A-Team. However, after this episode, Col. Decker makes his reappearance, with no explanation as to the disappearance of Briggs.
Trivia: The alert tones in the first minute of the show, as well as the siren used by the fire truck, come from another NBC show, Emergency! (1972) .
*Special Guest Star: Stepfanie Kramer as Fire Chief Annie Sanders.
|42||5||"Timber!"||David Hemmings||Jeff Ray||October 16, 1984||3.05|
|A brother and sister hire the A-Team to help them stay in the logging business.|
|43||6||"Double Heat"||Craig R. Baxley||Stephen Katz||October 23, 1984||3.06|
The A-Team is hired to find the kidnapped daughter of a man who has to testify against the biggest mobster in the city.
Special Guest Star: Dana Elcar as George Olson. Burke Byrnes as Federal Marshal.
|44||7||"Trouble on Wheels"||Michael O'Herlihy||Mark Jones||October 30, 1984||3.07|
The A-Team is called in to thwart a stolenscam operated by a violent group of criminals.
Special Guest Star: Joe Santos as Rudy Garcia.
|45||8||"The Island"||Michael O'Herlihy||Mark Jones||November 13, 1984||3.08|
A young boy from a remote island asks the A-Team to help his people who are being terrorised by a group of evil drug pushers.
Trivia: The Tales of the Gold Monkey, which was a Universal-produced TV show that aired during the 1982-83 season.airplane footage that was used when The A-Team travel to the island are clips of the Cutter's Goose from
|46||9||"Showdown!"||James Fargo||Milt Rosen||November 20, 1984||3.09|
A team of crooks hired by a sleazy rock promoter impersonates the A-Team and tries to force Captain Winnetka's Wild West Show out of business. The real A-Team arrives to help the Captain and his feisty daughter Carrie, and to clear their names. The A-Team must save the Wild West Show while trying to evade their old nemesis Colonel Lynch, who has been given one final chance to capture the A-Team and is determined to succeed at all costs.
Special Guest Star: Morgan Woodward as Captain Winnetka.
|47||10||"Sheriffs of Rivertown"||Dennis Donnelly||Mark Jones||November 27, 1984||3.10|
|A group of businessmen have banded together to solve a very serious law and order problem, and conclude it's just the kind of job for the A-Team.|
|48||11||"The Bells of Saint Mary's"||Dennis Donnelly||Stephen J. Cannell||December 4, 1984||3.11|
The A-Team are caught between a greedy record company, a top singing group and a school's topplayer.
Special Guest Star: Joseph Wiseman as Zeke Westerland.
|49||12||"Hot Styles"||Tony Mordente||Stephen Katz||December 11, 1984||3.12|
Just when Templeton 'Face' Peck is getting cozy withmodel Rina Turian, she's snatched before his nose by Chicago crook Johnny Turian.
|50||13||"Breakout!"||Dennis Donnelly||Stephen Katz & Mark Jones||December 18, 1984||3.13|
|While B.A. drives to Hollywood, where Face is having a ball, Murdock's rabbit's foot doesn't stop him and the black van from getting hijacked by bank-robber Logan and his mate Malcolm.|
|51||14||"Cup a' Joe"||Craig R. Baxley||Dennis O'Keefe III||January 8, 1985||3.14|
|When a Ruthless Businessman threatens a defenceless family for their diner, the A-team are called to, not only put him in his place, but for Murdoch to show off his cooking...|
|52||15||"The Big Squeeze"||Arnold Laven||Stephen J. Cannell||January 15, 1985||3.15|
|Whenshark Jack 'the Ripper' Lane, who is too violent even for his mob extortion boss Nathan Vincent's taste, breaks Italian owner Gino Giani's fingers, he and his daughter Gina hire the A-Team.|
|53||16||"Champ!"||Michael O'Herlihy||Stephen Katz||January 22, 1985||3.16|
Face decides tosome of the team's funds in 60% of a boxer, Billy Marquette.
Special Guest Star: Alex Rocco as Sonny Monroe.
|54||17||"Skins"||Dennis Donnelly||Mark Jones||January 29, 1985||3.17|
|The A-Team travels to Kenya to help fight an organized unit illegally hunting elephants for skins and ivory tusks.|
|55||18||"Road Games"||Dennis Donnelly||Mark Jones||February 5, 1985||3.18|
|When the otherwise decent manager of a home is forced to take a run on account of his personal debts in illegal gambling, the A-Team is hired to put the criminals out of business.|
|56||19||"Moving Targets"||Dennis Donnelly||Mark Jones||February 12, 1985||3.19|
The A-Team is hired to test the security in the royal palace of a North West African country. Trivia: When moving inside the ship, the word "BILLETTKONTOR" is written on one of the curved walls, suggesting that the ship is Norwegian.
Special Guest Star: John Saxon as Kalem.
|57||20||"Knights of the Road"||Michael O'Herlihy||Burt Pearl & Steven L. Sears||February 26, 1985||3.20|
|Mr. Corson and his daughter Jenny run a small towing truck company in an Arizonan town. When another company resorts to violence against their trucks and even threaten them physically to force them out of business, the A-Team is recruited.|
|58||21||"Waste 'Em!"||Sidney Hayers||Stephen Katz & Mark Jones||March 5, 1985||3.21|
|Former military helicopter pilot A.J. runs a delivery service, Speedy Express, with his blind sister Lisa Perry. Garbage collection company manager Ike Hagen wants them to sell to him, and pulls all the stops to force them, including threats and violence against both vehicles and staff, so they hire the A-Team.|
|59||22||"Bounty"||Michael O'Herlihy||Mark Jones & Stephen Katz||April 2, 1985||3.22|
Romance blossoms between Murdock and Kelly, a veterinarian, after she rescues him from bounty hunters.
|60||23||"Beverly Hills Assault"||Craig R. Baxley||Paul Birnbaum||April 9, 1985||3.23|
A young artist seeks the help of the A-Team to search for the men who brutally assaulted her boyfriend.
Special Guest Star: Lloyd Bochner as Steffan Shawn.
|61||24||"Trouble Brewing"||Michael O'Herlihy||Burt Pearl,
|May 7, 1985||3.24|
|Two sisters who own a soda factory are victimized by a competitor and seek help from the A-Team.|
|62||25||"The Incident at Crystal Lake"||Tony Mordente||Stephen J. Cannell,
|May 14, 1985||3.25|
|The A-Team take a vacation at Crystal Lake after Colonel Decker gets too close for comfort. However, their vacation is ruined when four fleeing highwaymen take Crystal Lake's ranger and his daughter hostage.|
- John "Hannibal" Smith played by George Peppard
- Templeton "Faceman" Peck played by Dirk Benedict
- Bosco "B. A." (Bad Attitude) Baracus played by Mr. T
- H.M. "Howling Mad" Murdock played by Dwight Schultz
- Tawnia Baker played by Marla Heasley
- Colonel Roderick Decker played by Lance LeGault
- Captain Crane played by Carl Franklin